Tuesday 31 May 2016

Memphis Depay opens up: I'm disappointed with last season but promises the old brilliant Memphis will be back

The Manchester United winger has admitted his frustration at how things turned out in his debut season at United, but has vowed to bounce back better.

Memphis arrived at United as a high profile signing, after helping his Dutch side PSV to the Eradivisie title last season with 22 goals. 

He however was a shadow of fans and media expectations, and spent more time on the bench than on the pitch.

The height of his woeful season was when he was left out of the United squad for the FA Cup finals at Wembley.

This sparked news that the player might be considering his future at the club. 

"It’s never nice to be criticised, but it’s part of the game and I have to deal with it.  The season did not go as planned and that hurt my confidence a bit. He told Fox Sports via Mirror.

Depay has refused to blame Van Gaal for his poor showing and said he has not spoken with his countryman since he was sacked as United manager.

"I do not want to blame the manager for it. I played some good games and some bad matches. I do not want to blame anyone for it. I have not been in touch with Van Gaal yet. I might give him a call or send him a text.

The player has taken up the challenge and want to set things straight and is already looking forward to impressing during the team's preseason.

"It’s now up to me to deal with this situation and get back on track.

"I think every attacker is intuitive. You have to make decisions on when to go for an individual action. The old Memphis, who beat every opponent, will soon be back again.

"I did not play as many games as I hoped and I am obviously disappointed about that. I had different expectations. But I have to deal with that.

"It’s now on to next season. I have to prove my worth during pre-season."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured