Tuesday 24 May 2016

French star open to reuniting with Mourinho at United

France international Lassana Diarra is opened to the idea of working with his former boss, and about to be confirmed United manager José Mourinho.

The 31 year old is one of Olympic Marseille's out performers this season. He started 25 league games for the French club and has been named in the france squad for the European Championship.

His contract with the club will be expiring in 2019, but the player claims he's been allowed to leave the club. Though he hopes the club keeps to their words.

"I am a free agent " Diarra told L’Equipe via  FourFourTwo

"There is a clause in my contract that allows me to leave if we did not qualify for European football.

"I do not want to enter a war with Marseille and I don't think there will be one. I hope Marseille will stick to their word."

The former Arsenal star has worked with Mourinho in two of his previous clubs: Chelsea and Real Madrid and is now open to a reunion with the Portuguese.

On a possibility of working with Mourinho, Lass said:

“Mourinho? I know him well. I have enjoyed some great times with him.

"He is a coach I really like. But we will see what happens next season."

The Frenchman could be a cheap alternative for Manchester United. One of Mourinho's first assignment at United is to sort out the future of Michael Carrick.

United fans will be hoping Mourinho keeps the 34 year old. As his experience and maturity can't be overlooked in the new United setup.

But if Mourinho decides not to keep Carrick, Lass could be an alternative. He also is aging, but will come with vast experience.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured