Sunday 29 May 2016

Big Manchester United target wants to stay at current club despite 'strange season'

Manchester United have been closely linked with Real Madrid attacking midfielder James Rodriguez, but the Colombian wants to remain at the capital club despite admitting he's had a strange season.

The player has moved from being a regular to a fringe player under current manager Zinedine Zidane.

He didn't feature in the Champions League final, and only played for Madrid five times in the competition on their way to winning it.

"In football you never know but I want to continue here and my idea is to have many more years with the club," He said after the Champions League final via ESPN.

"I am happy here. All the people close to me are happy too. It's the ideal club and I want to be here."

Talking about the final and this season altogether, he said:

"Yes, I would have liked to play but I did contribute to the team's success.

"They were all good and it was a very good Champions League victory.

He said his season had been a "bit strange" but added: "When you have bad times you also learn from them. Each day I learn more."

The player shares the same agent as new United manager: José Mourinho, and that can make the transfer a little easier.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured