Monday 16 May 2016

Huge blow: Manchester United target negotiating new contract with current club

Manchester United may have to look beyond Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann in their search for a top striker in the summer.

United have endured a frustrating season in front of goals, as the team have scored a record low 46 goals in the league this season.

United have been linked with the Frenchman, and the possibility of having an all French attack in the partnership of  Griezmann and Martial would be one that would interest a lot of United fans.

The 25 year old has however opened up that he is already negotiating a new deal with Atletico, and wouldn't consider joining Real Madrid managed by his fellow countryman Zinedine  Zidane.

"If Zidane calls me (to join Real Madrid) I will say that I'm at Atletico.

"Zidane is a great person, but I'm here.

"I'm even talking to renew my contract.

"I hope (the contract talks) will succeed." He told Canal Plus.

Griezmann has spearheaded Atletico's attack this season with 32 goals in all competitions helping them challenge for the Spanish League title, though they lost out with two games to go.

His goals have fired them into the Champions League finals where they play city rivals Real Madrid.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured