Monday 4 January 2016

Ashley Young: I'm still a winger

The Manchester United winger turned defender claims he is still an out and out winger.

Since the arrival of Van Gaal, the England international has appeared for United mostly as a wingback or a full back.

He was one of United's best players in the new year win over Swansea, where he played in as a winger in Van Gaal's 3-2-4-1 formation.
Speaking to MUTV,  he said:

"Of course I enjoyed myself.

"I'm an out-and-out winger. I've played at full- back in the last few weeks but when you are a winger you get to get forward and I enjoyed
that.

"There was obviously the defensive side of things to do so I had to be aware of that

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

1 comment:

  1. I wish Young would shut up! He is forever whingeing on about something. He is a winger, I agree, so what, now get on with it. He can't defend to save his life anyway so nobody will mistake him for a full back. He's as bad as Smalling for needing to be quoted every five minutes. You are avergae players guys, keep quiet and try and improve on the pitch!

    ReplyDelete

Featured