Monday 11 January 2016

Matteo Darmian opens up on life at United

The United defender joined last summer from Torino, and had a brilliant start to his United career at right back, displacing Antonio Valencia.

Injuries to himself and other team members have hampered his starting role at right back. He has been out of the team for a while, and has also had to play at left back.

He has also been linked with a move back to Italy with Juventus, been linked with him.

The defender has come out to say he us happy at United, thinks the manager is happy with him so far and prefers to play at right back.

“I am happy here with the team, the staff and the city. I am happy here so I just try to ignore the rumours. I want to continue on my way and that’s it.

“I think the manager is happy with my progress and when I train I try to improve day by day. And when the manager gives me a chance I try to do my best and to help the team.

“I am most comfortable on the right side. But playing on the left side is not a problem when the coach wants me to play there. I always try to do my best wherever I play.

The defender also reckons that his injuries have affected him, but us working hard to return to his best like he was in his first few matches for United.

"I had a hamstring injury earlier and To return after that is not easy. Sometimes it effects you mentally. It is not easy. But now I feel good. I want to play like I did at the beginning of the season and that is what I’m trying to do.”

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured