Thursday 2 June 2016

Man United youngster wants to develop into a top star under Mourinho

The Dutchman is one of the  academy players that made their debut under Van Gaal. The defender has been impressive in his short spell with the first team, and that includes ten first team appearances. He is now ready to work with José.

"I've never heard a player speak badly about Mourinho," He told Voetbal International via (M.E.N).

"I'm curious - I want to develop into a top player for Manchester United under him. That's the next step in my plan.

"You're 18 and you've had Van Gaal and Mourinho as your managers. Really, it's unbelievable."

The player also opened up on how he's been learning from Ryan Giggs and other top figures in the United dressing room.

"Ryan Giggs talked to me a lot. For example, after the semi-final of the FA Cup against Everton, when I played well, but also caused a penalty. 'Stay on your feet in such a situation,' Giggs said. I learned so much from that.

"I listen to Michael Carrick, Chris Smalling and to the Dutch guys, Daley Blind and Memphis Depay. I sit in the dressing room and just listen to what everyone has got to say, and especially to our captain, Wayne Rooney."

Fosu-Mensah is believed to be in line for a new deal, after United secured the future of fellow academy graduates, Marcus Rashford and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson.

With his versatility and strength, Fosu-Mensak looks like a player that will thrive under Mourinho.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured