Thursday 2 June 2016

Former Manchester United striker says he wasn't given a chance at Old Trafford

Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has said he didn't get enough chance to prove himself when he was at United.

United signed the striker from Mexican side Guadalajara before the World Cup in 2010 for a bargain price of £6m.

He instantly became a fan favorite and was noted for his close range finishes, brilliant movement of the ball, in the box and as a super sub.

Things however went sour for the Mexican at United since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. Prior to this, he had always hit double figures in goals scored.

He struggled under David Moyes, and Van Gaal couldn't help his fate either, sending him on loan to Real Madrid and finally sanctioning his sale to German side Bayer Leverkusen.

He has since rediscovered his form in Germany and has now hit back at United.

"If I’d had more chances at United or Real, I’d probably have been ‘the star’ there as well – we’ll never know," Hernandez told Fourfourtwo.

"I didn’t have the chance. I never had the chance to play 20 games in a row so people could say: ‘He’s a good player who should stay’ or ‘He can’t be the star – he’s not a good player.

"Ask the United fans. The numbers are there. I started only 85 games at United and I scored 60 goals [in total]. At Real, I started just 12 games and scored nine goals. At Leverkusen I’ve started 37 games and I have 26 goals.

"The difference is that Leverkusen want me on the pitch. The others didn’t."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured