Thursday 2 June 2016

Benzema opens up on joining Mourinho at United

The Frenchman has been linked with a move to United for the most of his career, but has ruled out a link up with his former boss Mourinho for now.

The duo worked together while José was in charge at Madrid, and though Benzema cherish those moments, he said it was a relationship with a number of ups and downs.

“Mourinho was something special," The 28 year old told Marca

"It did not go well at first, then it got better, with ups and downs.

“I’m not the player I was then when I was younger, and I’m proud that I say that. But no club makes me dream like Real Madrid.

“I always say I’m at the best club in the world, with the stadium, the fans, with a level of playing that is very demanding, with the best players in the world. Away from here, I do not know where to go, really. I do not look at leaving to go to another place."

Benzema's future at the club has come under the microscope as news of a Madrid move for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.

Benzema has just enjoyed one of his best season at Madrid. He finished the season with 24 league goals in 27 appearances, 28 goals in 36 games in all competitions and a Champions League medal.

If Robert Lewandowski moves to the capital club, then Benzema may have to consider his future at the club

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured