Thursday 9 June 2016

This Manchester United star cried when David Moyes was sacked

Marouane Fellaini is not ashamed to open up that he cried when his former boss David Moyes was sacked.

The duo had enjoyed a nice working time at Everton. David Moyes oversaw Fellaini's transfer to Everton in  2008, for a then Everton record fee of £15m.

Moyes was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson as his successor when he retired, but the 'chosen one' was sacked eleven months into his United career.

Fellaini was Moyes first major signing for United, as new manager in a deadline day deal, in 2013.

Fellaini only started 15 league games for United in his first season, as David Moyes struggled to fill in Sir Alex Shoes.

"Moyes was a second father to me. When he was sacked from Manchester United, I cried. I’m not ashamed to say it because he did everything for me." The Belgian said

"He was very strict with me, but it was for my own good.

"Every time he punished me, he would take me to the training pitch and do a session just for me.

“He’s just had two difficult seasons, but he’ll bounce back – he’s a good coach and we still talk from time to time.”

Fellaini is one of the few United players whose future will be under the microscope with José Mourinho.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured