Thursday 9 June 2016

Man United star opens up: ' I will never play for another Premier League club'

Wayne Rooney has given a hint into his future, by saying he doesn't see himself playing for another Premier League team.

Rooney has only played for Everton and United in the Premier League, and his testimonial match would be coming up at Old Trafford, August 3 between both teams.

Speaking on his testimonial match and the launch of the Wayne Rooney foundation, he said:

"For me, there could not be a more special testimonial match. Manchester United and Everton are the only clubs I have played for as a professional footballer.

"I am happy to say now that, whatever may happen in the future, I will never play for another Premier League club.

"I owe United and Everton everything for giving me my footballing opportunities. Through The Wayne Rooney Foundation I want to put something back and, at the same time, say a heartfelt thanks to everyone at these great clubs who ever helped me in my career.

"Everton and United, along with my family, gave me the support and opportunity to help me achieve my goals and dreams."

This is one of the clearest indication that Rooney would be ending his glowing career at United.

Wayne Rooney is aiming to raise £5m from his testimonial match, which would be donated to charity.

If you wish to donate to the Wayne Rooney Foundation, you can do so by clicking here.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured