Wednesday 24 February 2016

United star admits: I have to grow at United

Memphis Depay has admitted that he has to grow up into the physical demands of the Premier League.

He has been hugely disappointing for United in his first season. After  helping PSV to the Dutch title last season with 22 goals, much was expected from him on moving to Old Trafford. 

He has however failed to reach that heights for United, and the player himself has now admitted he must adapt.

“The Premier League is different. It is way faster and more physical.

“It is a stronger league, I have to adapt.  In the Premier League you are always going up and down.

“I have to grow at that and get experience.

He however does not think he needs more gym work to get into the physical state of fitness he is talking about.

“I don’t think it’s about doing weights in the gym.

“I think the core side is important for power but also fast movement.

“I am doing sprints, I am explosive. But to be really quick, it’s about timing.

“You have to be fast but also smart. The timing of your sprint in behind.

“You have to be clever and that comes with more experience.”

Depay was talking at the launch of Under Armour’s Rule Yourself campaign. Via The Sun.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured