Saturday 20 February 2016

José Mourinho opens up: I don't know my next club, but certainly not Inter Milan

The former Chelsea manager is the fans favorite to take over from Van Gaal, but the United board have been extremely patient with the Dutchman. The Europa League defeat has further heightened the pressure on him.

With the United fans wanting Mourinho, United crumbling under Van Gaal and Mourinho waiting, and the board reluctance to make a definite move, speculation have started to have it that Mourinho may be considering a move to his former club - Inter Milan.

The Portuguese has been invited by Inter co-owner Moratti to watch an Inter game, and for a lunch. This has fuelled rumors that he could be lured to be Inter's next coach. But Mourinho has rebuffed such claims

“My next challenge, my next club? I really don’t know." He  told La Stampa.(Via Mirror)

“I just know that I love football and I will be back with the same passion and ambition as ever, having during this period a respectful behaviour to every manager and every club.

“I don’t search for clubs, clubs search for me.

Speaking on his recent closeness to Moratti, he said:

"I go for a day in Milan to personally say thanks to my president Mister Moratti.

“We agreed on this Saturday a few weeks ago, and yes, after a family day we will go to San Siro, with an ‘Interista’ spirit,with the hope and the happiness to see Inter win.

"But let me make it clear... I will not be Inter manager next season."

This still gives hope and room for the United board to contact and appoint the Portuguese as manager any soon.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured