Monday 7 March 2016

Former Man United star still regretting his decision to leave England

Federico Macheda has labelled his decision to leave England for Italy as the 'worse mistake of his career'.

The Italian bursted unto the scene at Old Trafford when he scored two goals in his first two appearances for United under Sir Alex Ferguson. He looked destined for great things then at United, but didn't get the long lasting breakthrough into the first team.

This gave him the option of leaving United on loan, for Italy, a decision he still regret.

“I don’t know why I went to Italy. It was the worst mistake of my career. I should have stayed in England." He told the Sun.

“I wanted to play in Serie A. The team wasn’t so great and I was in and out.

“I was only 19 and we got relegated so it was not the best for me. When I came back, I had to work three times harder to get another chance. It wasn’t easy.”

The player ended up been loaned out by United a couple of occasions, before been finally released by United.

He currently plays for Cardiff and has struggled to regain the form that made him an instant hit at United. He has scored six goals in twenty six appearances for his team this season.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured