Thursday 24 December 2015

Manchester United star reveals he wants to be world best

Manchester United winger Memphis Depay has revealed that his ultimate goal is to become the best player in the world.

The winger joined United from Dutch side PSV, where he was their talisman last season, but has failed to match up with the expectations at Old Trafford.

The 21 year old knows His ambition comes with a lot of pressure, but believes he's strong enough not to crack under such pressure.

In an interview with Dutch newspaper 'AD' posted on his official Facebook page, he said:

"Becoming the best player in the world. That’s the ultimate goal - and I can cope with that. Believe me: that pressure will never crack me.''

The Dutchman also highlighted some differences between the Dutch league and the English league.

‘The difference is enormous.
Defenders are physically so strong, top fit and aren’t afraid of anything. That was new to me, especially during my first few games. I had to get used to it."

[In Holland], "It wasn’t necessary to be on top of my game every match, [but]  When playing in the Premier League, you have to. You are pushed to get the most out of yourself. Good just isn’t enough when playing for United."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured