Monday 28 December 2015

Manchester United 0 - 0 Chelsea: Post match Van Gaal and players reactions

Manchester United end their four match losing streak with a boring barren goalless draw at Old Trafford.

It was a much more improved performance from United, but they didn't do enough to break down a dogged Chelsea defence and were also lucky not to have conceded from the few half chances Chelsea created.

It remains to be seen if manager Van Gaal will be given more time, or he would be shown the exit.

United goalkeeper  De Gea thinks United were the better side.

De Gea: "Both teams had chances but I think we played better then them. We kept the ball, we tried to score goals."

Captain Wayne Rooney believes the team put up an good performance and they still have the backing of the fans.

Wayne Rooney: "We put up a great fight, dominated the game and should have won. But that's football and it's the way it's going for us.

"The fans were excellent and you can see what that means to the players. It's a tough time but I'm sure the wins will come."

Manager Van Gaal believes he has the support of his players, though he can't say same about the board.  He may not be considering resigning and believes some fans are still behind him.

'I think it was a very good
performance but you have to score.

"My future is not an interesting subject. I cannot have an influence on it. You see the players are fighting for me.

"When the players can give such a performance, there is no reason for me to resign.

"Even after today's result the fans are applauding, so I cannot say I am concerned much.

"I know the results are not good enough. That is the truth. But it can be different in one month."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

1 comment:

  1. Nice game from d players . More time for lvg things will get better

    ReplyDelete

Featured