Monday 7 March 2016

Mata takes responsibility for his red card: Already looking forward to Liverpool clash

The Manchester United playmaker got his first red card in over 500 games over the weekend.

It was a costly one as United never fully reached their potential on the field with ten men. And to make matters worse, United lost for the first time to West Brom in an away match.

Louis Van Gaal has since described Mata's first yellow card as 'stupid' and the player himself has taken responsibility.

Writing on his blog this Monday, he wrote:

"After almost 500 games as a professional player, this Sunday I was sent off for the first time in my career. As you can imagine, it’s not easy for me to write these lines.

"We see more serious fouls that are not penalised in such a way, but at the same time I could have avoided them and I take responsibility. It also leaves me with a bad taste for the supporters who travelled
to the stadium, and for those who were watching the game from home, but I must carry on as always and from now on I’m already focused on the next game, the derby against Liverpool in the Europa League.

"I take responsibility in the good and the bad moments, as I’ve always done,and I will always do. Thank you very much for your support."

Juan

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured