Sunday 6 March 2016

Liverpool youngster rejected Manchester United five years ago

Liverpool striker Divock Origi has opened up on the fact that he once said 'no' to Manchester United in other to continue his development at his then French club Lille.

Now 20, five years ago when he was a 15 year old schoolboy, he rejected a switch to Old Trafford despite having the opportunity of working with Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I thought I would have the chance to get through at Lille, and so I said no to Manchester United.

“At that moment, I was 15 years old. I didn’t have anything against United or any other team. In fact, my dream was to play in the Premier League one day, but my heart said that I had to go through at Lille." He told Mirror.

Five years on, the player now plays for United's arch rival Liverpool.

The striker maybe in line to face Manchester United in the Europa League round of 16, and says he doesn't regret rejecting United.

"I never regret anything. I think it was just the decision of my heart."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured