Thursday 24 March 2016

Danny Drinkwater reveals why he left United

The midfielder started his career at United, during the  Sir Alex Ferguson era,  but couldn't get to the height he desired with the club.

He is now an integral part of the Leicester City team that is staging a surprise push to win the League.

Leicester are currently the favorites to win the League, while the midfielder has also earned his first call up to the senior team. 

Even while admitting that leaving United a club he had always support as a boy was a huge decision, he thinks the possibility of competing with legends like Paul Scholes made him leave.

"I played United’s reserves for a few years and I wanted to take that next step, which was a loan move.

"I spent two years out in total and I didn’t really want to go back into the reserves and dip in and out of the first team. I wanted to play.

The player revealed that legends like Paul Scholes  kept him out if the team.

"People like Paul Scholes were in my way at United. what are you going to do with that?

‘You just look at him as an idol. I have watched him since I was a little kid. I couldn’t have had a much better teacher.

"Probably leaving United was the lowest point. I supported them, it was my childhood club."

The player left United in 2012, after 13 years at United. And was once captain of the youth team.

Drinkwater was speaking at St
George's Park. Via Metro.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured