Thursday 31 March 2016

United star begs Van Gaal for more playing time ahead of European Championship

United defender Paddy McNair has appealed to Van Gaal for more playing time, and a possible change of position from defence  to the holding midfield role.

The Northern Irish man has struggled for a place in Van Gaal's team this season with only nine (9) appearances so far.

He played for his national team as a holding midfielder in their 1-1 draw with Wales and the 1-0 win over  Slovenia.

And his national team manager Michael O'Neill has said the 20 year old is more of a midfielder than a defender.

The player himself has echoed that thought whilst appealing to Van Gaal for more playing time.

"I am learning about the holding midfield position and really enjoy playing it for Northern Ireland"

"A lot of people said when I was growing up that I would end up in midfield and to have played there a few times at international level is great.'' He told the Telegraph.

"If I had the chance to play the holding midfield role at United that would be fantastic.

"If I'm told though to play centre-back, right-back or wherever, I'll be happy enough because I want to play games.

"I've had a lot of injuries this season which haven't helped so my aim is to keep working hard at the club and get as many matches as I can until the end of the season.

"We have Everton on Sunday and if I'm involved that would be great. I really want to keep my fitness up for the Euros and go into that tournament feeling confident."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured