Saturday 19 March 2016

Fellaini defends himself against Howard Webb thug claims

The Manchester United midfielder has come out to defend himself against claims by former referee Webb that he is a thug on the field.

Webb was referring to incidents that occurred in the Europa clash with Liverpool.

Fellaini was involved in a controversial incident in the first leg, but escaped sanctions. He was however booked in the second leg at Old Trafford for elbowing Liverpool defender Lovern.

This led to criticism from the former referee. But Fellaini says he is not a dirty player.

Fellaini told the BBC:

"I am not like that.

"I don't want to elbow someone, I just defend myself.

"I am physical. I like to win my challenge. That's English football as well, but I am not a dirty player."

The Belgian has come under intense criticism from United fans for his supposedly below par performances.

He has received five yellow cards in his last ten games for Unites this season.

 

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured