Saturday 26 March 2016

Confirmed: Manchester United target wants Champions League football next season

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku has said he wants to step up to compete with the best in European club football.

The former Chelsea player has been in superb for for Everton, scoring 25 goals already this season.

The player has been a target for top European teams, and former club Chelsea are the latest to be linked to the Belgian star.

The player himself has come out to say his next move would be to a club playing in the Champions League.

"That is the next step for me. I'm 23 next summer and I think it would be nice to play in the Champions League from next season." He told Sky Sports.

Lukaku's father had earlier said he would want to see his son play for United or Bayern Munich. The player has said those are his fathers wishes.

"That is my dad's point of view; I think those are the teams he likes.

"It means people are keeping an eye on you.

"I have an agent who is dealing with this for me at the moment. I just want to be good, help my team-mates win games and score lots of goals."

Lukaku's demands for a Champions League playing club next season means United must qualify for the competition before they can stand a good chance of signing the player.

United are currently sixth on the table, one points behind fourth place Manchester City, and still in the top four race.

With Mourinho reportedly close to being United's next manager, Lukaku  remains a possible target for United.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured