Tuesday 29 March 2016

United youngster thanks United teammates for helping him integrate

Fosu-Mensah is appreciative for how players like Michael Carrick and Daley Blind have helped him in getting comfortable with his recently first team duties.

The versatile defender made his debut in the 3-2 win over Arsenal in February and was handed his first start against Watford on March 2.

The player has revealed that he felt more pressure in the bench than when he played. In an exclusive interview with manutd.com, he said:

"I was overwhelmed, very overwhelmed when I came on.

"When I was sat on the bench, I was more nervous than when I had to play football itself for the first time.

"Thankfully, the players around me helped me very much. Michael Carrick, Daley Blind and Guillermo Varela really helped me to play well and do what I had to do.

"After the game, Carrick came up to me plus Memphis and Blind.

"The manager also came to
me and congratulated me. Ryan Giggs as well. Everyone told me I’d done well and it was very pleasing for me."

United will be hoping the youngster matures and get better as he has shown he has great potentials.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured