Thursday 31 March 2016

Anthony Martial opens up on his most preferred position

The Manchester United forward has admitted that he is willing to play wherever Van Gaal plays him but he prefers to play upfront.

Van Gaal has used the Frenchman more frequently on the wings, and the up rise of another academy product in Marcus Rashford means Martial has to play more from the left to accommodate the youngster in the team.

“I prefer to play up front. But if the coach puts me on the wing then that means it is better for the team and for me that is the most important thing." He said via the independent.

However stats have shown otherwise, as much of his goals for United have come when he plays on the wings.  The youngster has said he is working hard while he seems to have noticed that he scores more from the wings.

"I am working very hard every day in training,  and it is true that sometimes when I play as the number nine, I have not scored but it is like that.

"With time, I will progress even more and I will be more mature to score even more goals."

Is Martial a good winger or a better striker?

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured