Saturday 19 March 2016

Martial explains his best position on the field

There's been a lot of debate as to the Frenchman's best position. He has been both deployed as a striker and as a winger by his Dutch manager.

Even though a lot of United fans want to see Martial play as a central striker, the stats are saying otherwise.

Four of his six league goals for United have come from him playing on the wings.

The player has however states that he is a striker, though he is happy to play in any position for the team.

"Foremost I am a striker, it doesn't bother me at all which position I play, when I am on the pitch I just focus on helping the team that's all. He told Sky Sports in an exclusive interview.

"I just want to help the team, and when I score I am happier, I am a striker and that's how it goes." He added.

His playing on the wing has been aided by the decline in form of fellow summer signing Memphis Depay and the sudden rise to prominence of Marcus Rashford.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured