Thursday 4 February 2016

United star engages in special training to improve his headers

Maroune Fellaini has been engaging in some extra training to improve his back post headers.

The United midfielder is one of the tallest in the United squad and one of the most criticised this season.

His physical size places a lot of expectations on him from the fans, as a box to box midfielder, he is expected to effectively combine defensive and attacking duties. He was impressive in his last game against Stoke, and got a standing ovation when substituted.

When asked by United Review if he trains specially to improve his back post headers, he replied:

“Yes, sometimes we do that in training and sometimes with Giggsy as well as the other players. They cross the ball for me to finish off.

The Belgian is also hoping to score more than seven goals for United this season.

“I hope to score seven goals or more again,  It’s always good to score
but, this season, I have missed a lot, I think.

"I have created a lot of chances but I have always hit the post or there were great saves from the goalkeepers. Sometimes it is the luck and I hope it turns."



/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured