Sunday 17 January 2016

4-2-3-1: My Manchester United eleven to face Liverpool: Fellaini out, Herrera in




United travel to Anfield to face arch rivals Liverpool in a match that could decide Van Gaal’s fate as United manager.

One win in eight league matches, means United’s top four hopes rests on consistency.
The manner with which United surrendered their lead twice against Newcastle means Van Gaal must be very meticulous in selecting his team.

I’ll go for the same back four that faced Newcastle, only that I will swap Ashley Young and Matteo Darmian. For me Darmian is better at right back while Young should be on the left.

In the midfield, Schneiderlin gets to start. Bastian and Carrick are out.  Naturally Fellaini comes to mind, but his recent performances have been below par. For me Herrera pairs Schneiderlin in the middle. 

Mata and Lingard for me should start on the wing. Mata had a great game in the first leg of this fixture and did not start against the magpies. Lingard’s glorious miss was his major undoing in the last game against Newcastle. Depay’s recent performances is calling for a start, but I think he is more impactful from the bench.

Wayne Rooney should start behind Anthony Martial who starts as the only striker upfront.

That’s my most preferred starting eleven,

 What’s yours?
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured