Sunday 1 November 2015

Evra: Ferguson almost resigned Ronaldo


Former Manchester United left back, now at Juventus, has make startling revelation that Sir Alex Ferguson was '99%' sure of bringing back Cristiano Ronaldo back from Real Madrid, and that the Scotsman was planing ahead before his sudden retirement.

Evra told Sunday Times in an interview: “I remember we talked maybe two weeks before [his retirement was announced] and he said, ‘Patrice, I will be here another five years.”
 “I said. ‘Yes, boss. Let’s do it.’ I was so convinced. He was looking younger and younger, amazing. He even told me ‘99%, Cristiano Ronaldo will come’. I was like, ‘Wow, we are ready to bounce back and to even win the Champions League again’.

“After that everyone knows what happened. You know when you are lost and you feel like the world is crumbling? It was a big trauma. I felt lost.”

Unfortunately Fergie never stayed at united to resign Ronaldo, whom he sold to Madrid in 2009 for a world record fee, the legendary manager retired in 2013, primarily due to family reasons. Most importantly to keep his wife company after the death of her twin sister.
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured