Thursday 12 November 2015

Ex-United captain: I made Ronaldo

Former Manchester United skipper Roy Keane  believes Cristiano Ronaldo won't be where he his today if not for his influence.

Both players played for two seasons at Old Trafford, and the Irishman was Ronaldo's first captain at the theatre of dreams.  

Both players won the   F.A cup in 2004, before Keane left United and Ronaldo has since then steeped up his game to being one of the best footballer ever.

Keane, when asked about the Portuguese star said : "Yeah I made him," if it wasn't for me he wouldn't be where he is."
The former Ipswich Town boss believes that players needed to be treated differently added that he didn't shout on the then young Ronaldo. "I didn't shout at Ronaldo that much. I didn't have to."

Keane was speaking ahead of the Republic of Ireland upcoming EURO qualifiers.
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured