Tuesday 10 November 2015

Cristiano Ronaldo respects Arsene Wenger's Ballon'dOr opinion

The former Manchester United star was speaking at the premiere of his highly anticipated movie "Ronaldo" in London.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had previously claimed that the Ballon'd Or award 'encouraged
players to pursue individual glory rather than making them focus on team glory, and believes that the award has destroyed careers as players become obsessed to win individual awards'.
However when asked about his opinion on  Wenger's statement by London Evening Standard Ronaldo replied "[Those are his] opinions, "I respect opinions but that's it."
The Arsenal boss made the statements ahead of the London derby with Tottenham which ended 1-1.
According to the Frenchman: "I'm not too much of a fan. I'm against the Ballon d'Or. I'm against all these things. I've seen careers destroyed because the players are too much obsessed to get individual rewards."
"I feel sometimes it encourages selfishness and people inside the game to go too much for their own sake when some partners are in a better position."
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured