Monday 25 April 2016

Wayne Rooney ready and happy to be the new Paul Scholes

The Manchester United captain is willing to drop deep to take on a new role in the United midfield.

The 30 year old says he knew that he was going to play as a midfielder one day.

Rooney's goal rate has reduced and with players like Martial and Rashford on the scene at Old Trafford,  the United skipper says he us happy to drop deep to accommodate more pace and free other players upfront.

“I’ve known for a few years, I have played there a few times throughout my career and I can play that position." He said via the Mirror.

The striker says he has been studying former teammate and midfield dynamo Paul Scholes, and is ready to emulate the United legend.

“I have played and watched Paul Scholes play that role for years and I always knew that one day that is where I would play so I have tried to learn and watch what he did.

"It is still early days but hopefully if I keep playing there I can develop and get better.

“I think if I can do that I can free other players up.

“We have got a lot of pace in the team now and I think I can read the game quite well and whether to go forward or stay deeper and leave the space for the other lads."

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured