Sunday 24 April 2016

Join the debate: Where is Anthony Martial's best position?

This is a debate that will linger on for a while.

Where is Anthony Martial's best and most effective position?

Van Gaal says the player is more of a winger than a striker. Martial has been used more on the wing by Van Gaal than as a striker. He scored one and assisted the other from the flank in the FA Cup semifinal victory over Everton.

The player has however said he is more of a striker than a winger, though he is ready to play anywhere the gaffer wants him.

In an interview with Sky Sports, he said:

"Foremost I am a striker, it doesn't bother me at all which position I play, when I am on the pitch I just focus on helping the team that's
all.

"I just want to help the team, and when I score I am happier, I am a striker and that's how it goes."

Van Gaal speaking after the Everton win said:

“I don’t think he (Martial), is a striker, he is more a wing player. But maybe in the future.

“But I don’t think so. He’s another type of striker than Ruud van Nistelrooy or other examples of Manchester United strikers."

Where do you think is Martial best position?

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured