Saturday 2 April 2016

Angel Di Maria opens up on why he left Manchester United

The PSG playmaker left United after just one season at the Theatre of Dreams.

The Argentine was a record breaking signing for  United, and arrived with high hopes and expectations. He however didn't have the best of time at United, and failed to discover the form that made United fans happy with his arrival. His departure was much more surprising

He has since rediscovered himself at his new club, helping PSG to the league title with a lot of matches to go.

The winger has however criticised Van Gaal's philosophy of continuously changing his playing position.

He believes United have not improved since his departure.

"It's not nice to say certain things, but it's more that they didn't let me settle properly than I couldn't settle. I left and that team are still playing the same way. Out of the European competitions, far from being champions of the Premier League.

"I don't think it was my fault or the fault of my team mates. Every time I was given the opportunity, I did all I could but it didn't work out as I hoped. He told the BBC via M.E.N

He opened up further that he left United to win titles

"So I decided to leave, not only to be happy but to win things. I started a game in one position then the next game in another. I scored goals playing in one position, then suddenly the next game I was picked to play in a different position.

"I think this also didn't help me settle. It's up to the manager to decide where and how every player should play, but I think that the player should be comfortable in that position and adapt to it.''


The 28 year old has scored 14 goals and has 13 assists to his credit this season with his new club.




/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured