Tuesday 5 April 2016

Van Gaal explains why he substituted Rojo against Everton

The Manchester United manager has blamed jet lag for Marcos Rojo's below par performance against Everton.

The Argentine was substituted at half time for Fosu- Mensah that came on to  inspire United to victory.

"I think Rojo has a problem with his jet lag, otherwise I cannot imagine." Van Gaal said after the match.

"So I changed him, and I have seen the space on the right side and I said that to Timothy that you have to take profit of that and when a player is doing that, that is also a bit of luck for the manager but every credit is for Timothy not the manager." He added.

The youngster came on and catalyzed the game for United providing the all important assist for the only goal of the game, while also making a last minute block from a goal bound effort by Lukaku.

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured