Friday 5 December 2014

LANGUAGE BARRIER AFFECTING DI MARIA’S INTEGRATION AT UNITED.





Football is a universal language is a common saying among footballers and coaches, but any player in a new country not speaking his native language or a similar language may find it a little difficult blending into his new environment. As easy communication is important in training, on the field and most importantly when playing or hanging out which increases bounding and understanding among players.
Despite a blistering start to his United career with three goals and six assist, which has made him a fan favourites at Old Trafford, Angel Di Maria is still finding it a little difficult adapting fully to life at Manchester, and has referred  his lack of English as the main reason.

‘‘I must adapt to my team-mates, because there are still some moments in the game in which I feel I am not fully adapted yet,’’ the 26-year old told SPhttp://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/features/manchesters-messiahORT magazine.
‘‘The language barrier has also made it a bit harder, but I am trying to overcome that as soon as possible so I can communicate with everyone.’’
Another issue United’s record signing has had to deal with is the climate. “It’s much colder here and it gets dark a lot earlier than in Spain,” he says. “I have no problem with the food or anything – there is not much difference between what I had in Spain and what I have here. My only problem is with the cold temperatures’’ he told SPhttp://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/features/manchesters-messiahORT magazine.
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured