Tuesday 27 October 2015

Manchester United captain granted testimonial match

Manchester united hierarchy has granted long serving and current skipper  Wayne  Rooney a testimonial match. The fixture will take place next year against a yet to be announced opposition or eleven.
Rooney joined United in 2004 and has gone to attain legendary status for the club. He has won five Premier League titles, one Champions League and two league cups with the team. He  has also scored 236 goals in 493 appearances for the club.
An excited Rooney thanked the fans, while proceeds from the match will go to charity.

"I would like to thank everyone involved in making this testimonial become a reality," Most of all I want to thank the fans for all their incredible support for me and the team since I joined the club."

"The match night will obviously be special for me and my family but I hope it will be a night of celebration for all involved and that we can also deliver one or two surprises." Rooney told the club's official website.

According to  United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward  : "From his sensational debut hat-trick to the latest of his 236 goals, Wayne has been a central figure in what has been one of the most successful periods in the club's history."
/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured