Thursday 5 May 2016

Man City star taught it was United that wanted to sign him: Agent had to tell him, the Manchester team in blue

Yaya Toure midfielder has opened up that he taught United were the Manchester team that wanted to sign him, when he was about to leave Barcelona.

Toure joined City in 2010, and has helped the Citizens to two Premier League titles.

Ahead of their semifinals second leg match with Madrid, the Ivorian has revealed that his agent had to tell him, it was the team in Manchester wearing blue.

''When I was at Barcelona and initially approached by Manchester City I thought it was Manchester United that wanted me." He said via Daily Mail.

My agent had to tell me it was the team in the blue shirts.

"At the time Manchester United were putting Manchester City in the shadows. It was unbelievable. Manchester United is a big club and I respect that club a lot."

Would you have loved to see Toure play for Manchester United?

Toure was speaking to Nissan, the official global automotive sponsor of the Champions League

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured