Thursday 5 May 2016

Exciting Man United youngster hungry for more first team action

Manchester United young left back Cameron Bortwick-Jackson says he is hungry for more first team action next season.

The 19 year old is one of the appreciable number of academy players that got their first team breakthrough this season.

He benefited from injuries to a lot of United defenders, and has been impressive in the few games he's played this season.

The youngster won the United's Under-21 Player of the Year award, and now wants to step up.

"It’s a huge honour for me, of course, it’s what you dream of coming up through the ranks.

"When I’ve been to award dinners in the past, I’ve seen people pick up this award and I challenged myself to win it this year and, thankfully, I’ve done it. As I say, it’s just been an incredible season for me." He told MUTV, after picking up his award.

Speaking on his objectives at the beginning of the season, he said:

"My main objective before this season started was to establish myself in the Under-21s.

"As things have gone on, I’ve grasped the opportunity and am hungry for more."

Asked if he is hungry for more first team action, he replied:

"Yeah, it’s definitely made me hungry for more and that’s what you’ve got to do, push on. I’ve had the taste, playing 12 games, (for the first team) so I have to keep going. You can’t just rest on that, you want to aim to cement a place next season.''

/* Ad BELOW POST */
Share this article with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured